Are you on your way of becoming a better pianist? No? What makes it hard for you? Practice? Time? Whatever bothers you in learning how to play piano, read on the 10 tips on the piano and become a better pianist in the future:
1. Consider taking piano lessons with a good teacher. That is only one alternative. One good option is availing an online piano lesson. This is suited for individuals who want to save and learn piano without having troubles in arranging their schedule.
2. Get to master all the exercises like the arpeggios and scales in order to acquire the strength on your fingers and get familiar with the proper fingering of the arpeggios and scales on the keys. To enhance your timing ability when playing, a metronome is very useful so don’t forget to have this one. Never try to skip a lesson if you haven’t fully understood the previous topics. Every lesson given are helpful in taking the next step – complex and intricate exercises.
3. It is important to master all the basics before jumping on to more complicated lessons, just like the technique of improvising. If you have done so, you can look for another teacher that will teach you on how to properly hit the chords. It is much better if you avail a course piano having all the packages for different skill levels. This will bring you out of hassle in looking for another lesson or instructor.
4. Get to know these five chords by heart – major seventh, dominant seventh, minor seventh, half-diminished, and the diminished seventh as well as their scales, arpeggios and inversions.
5. The fifth thing to do is applying what you have learned on the entire process to the songs or pieces you really like – examples are jazz songs or classical pieces. Local stores in your area as well as online shops are very useful in offering you fake books, true books, song books and sheet music to aid you in your piano playing.
6. Try to hear all music types and get to transliterate music passages, phrases, or lines that you really desire. Have some time to observe other great piano players, the way they sit in front of the piano, the way they play and improvise pieces. Put in mind the things you have observed and try to merge it with your own learning. Get to discover who inspired them to learn piano, how they learned it, how the practice as well as their achievements. This will hone your skills more and you will become a better pianist for sure.
7. If you have the time and the chance, go and join other musicians during their play, get on with the band. In this manner, you will gain more experience in playing piano and you will also have the chance to share your music with other people!
8. When you are playing the piano, try to sing along with the melody you are creating. Through this, you can discover other things, like if you have a talent in singing. Do this especially when you are doing some improvisations.
9. If you are tired with what you have now, discover other sources like magazines, piano lesson software, piano lesson books and piano lesson videos. Staying updated means you will always have that fresh and latest knowledge about the piano and its concepts.
10. Constant practice is needed! And take note, you have to do it daily! Skills will be improved if you spend some of your time, at least 30 minutes everyday on the keys.
If you have the heart to follow these 10 tips on the piano, you will definitely become a better pianist in the future!
- Learnpianoreview.com is the best site to go looking for your piano needs. If you want to learn how to play piano in no time, avail a piano software now. Read the review on Learn and Master Piano for more info.
For more information, advice and to claim your free goodies Click Here